NavMenu

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Starting my blog

This is my first blog post...ever.  Hum, where to start?  Let's start with what the blog is about.

Before becoming ill in 2008, I owned a software/engineering firm and had 23 years experience in Controls Engineering along with about 4 years of scattered experience with Visual Basic, i.e. scattered meaning that it was limited to when projects arose.  For those of you who don't know, Controls Engineering is a branch dealing with factory automated equipment, such as servos, robotics, etc. However, in 2008, I became ill and was forced to close the business and stop working.

Fast wind to now.
About a month ago, I started studying code again.  This time though I chose to start with C# 4.0, primarily because Bob Tabor (on LearnVisualStudio.net) had a series of videos for the absolute beginner for C# (and not one for VB).  Plus, I had always wanted to make the leap over.  My goal is to start from step one, assume I do not anything, and begin there. I plan to master C#, VB, ASP.NET, and WPF.  I may even dabble in Java.

My primary learning tools are the videos I get from LearnVisualStudio.net (I'm a lifetime member) and the online books available at Safari Books Online.  For those other beginners out there, these tools are much more economical than purchasing individual books, as you'll quickly fill your bookshelves.  Back when I had the business, I had a bookcase full of them. And each time the platform jumps up, a new set of books is required.  But by using these online resources, I always have the latest tools at my fingertips.

I hope you join me in my coding journey.

kick it on DotNetKicks.com

Shout it

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Welcome to my blog! This blog is about my journey to become a Master .NET coder and teacher.

Followers